Monday 15 June 2015

Best deal in town.


This time last year, when I was really getting back into charity shopping, I did a search of shops in Manchester city centre. Google brought up Mustard Tree which I hadn't heard of before. I was amazed on my first visit at all the excellent bargains to be had and my love for the shop hasn't diminished since!

Ever so often they run an incredible sale where you fill a bag for £2.50 with as many shoes, clothes and accessories as you can. I saw they were running the sale again on Twitter (find them at @mustardtreeshop) so took my opportunity to have a browse this morning. On my way up to the shop, which is conveniently about 2 minutes walk away from my flat, I saw a man carrying three of their trademark fill-a-bag white carriers crammed full and I knew it was going to be a great day! 

As you can see, the bag is about the size of a standard supermarket carrier but that's deceptive as you can really squeeze quite a lot in when you try! Here's what I picked up:

Limited Collection grey jumper.

Grey cropped jumper - only from Primark but it's cute!

Vintage white wooly vest jumper.

Topshop swan print skirt.

Handmade checked skirt.

White M&S trousers (not sure I'll wear these but needed something to fill up the bag!)

Doing the maths, each of these items cost 42p which is just incredible, even by my charity shop standards! The shop had put all their stock into the sale and there were more excellent pieces which I'd've snapped up had they been my size. 

The Mustard Tree shop is a great charity retail space with plenty of inexpensive furniture, music and books in addition to all the clothing they stock. You can find them at 110 Oldham Road and they also have a shop in Eccles - details on the website here.

Have you been to Mustard Tree?

Char x


1 comment:

  1. That's such a great idea for a sale! We have a charity shop in our town that has a similar sale, but they have a day where everything in the shop is €3, then €2 and then they have a day of €1 shopping. I love going down and picking up long skirts that can be shortened to just the right height for me.

    Can't go wrong with a classic grey jumper!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete